BANGKOK (The Nation/Asia News Network) BlackPink’s Thai member Lalisa ‘Lisa’ Manoban is among 10 people/entities to win The People Awards 2022.
The awards were presented at a ceremony on Wednesday (March 30) at Gaysorn Urban Resort in Bangkok’s Pathumwan district by online media The People.
It has been organising the event for four consecutive years, with its eight editors picking 10 people or entities from more than 4,000 for their outstanding work, performance or achievements in the past year highlighted on The People website and YouTube channel.
The 10 award winners are:
1. iLaw, or Internet Law Reform Dialogue, a human rights NGO that promotes the amendment of the Constitution.
2. Zendai Foundation, a network of health volunteers focusing on the treatment of underprivileged Covid-19 patients.
3. Spaceth.co, a platform dedicated to scientific and astrological study.
4. Sarunee Achawananthakul, director of Sal Forest, a research company focusing on sustainable business development.
5. Assoc Prof Dr Khaneungnit Sribua-Iam, an expert in environmental law and founder of the Thailand Clean Air Network.
6. Prof Dr Manop Phitakphakorn, head of Siriraj Hospital’s Centre of Excellence in Precision Medicine.
7. Rangsiman Rome, Move Forward Party-list MP, who led a discussion on the human trafficking problem among Rohingya refugees.
8. Aphichatphong Weerasetkul, director of the film “Memoria”, which won the Jury Prize at the 2021 Cannes Film Festival.
9. Phongsakorn Paeyo, triple gold medalist in wheelchair racing at the 2020 Tokyo Paralympic Games.
10. Lalisa ‘Lisa’ Manoban, Thai member of South Korea’s BlackPink K-pop group who has broken several records in the music field.